My 2004 mitsubishi dalmante will start but wont go into g...

Q: My 2004 mitsubishi dalmante will start but wont go into gear

asked by on September 08, 2017

My 2004 mitsubishi damante is an automatic and it turns on but wont go into gear when i shift it. The gas works fine

Hello, thank you for writing in. Transmissions tend to show these types of issues when the transmission fluid is low, contaminated, or burnt. You should start with checking and changing the fluid first. From there look into transmission solenoids, the brake switch, and condition of the shifter. Make sure nothing is caught in or restricting the shifter and cable from moving. For more help with an inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment with our transmission specialists.