My 2009 pontiac vibe is over heating when driving on free...

My 2009 pontiac vibe is over heating when driving on freeway but my fans are working there is coolant in it the radiator hoses do have pressure to them im confused Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have y...

My 2009 pontiac vibe is over heating when driving on freeway but my fans are working there is coolant in it the radiator hoses do have pressure to them im confused Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system? How do i do that Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vibe yourself? What have you tried so far? Fans are working i checked the coolant and the pressure to radiator no smoke or boiling sounds Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? First time riding on freeway so im not sure what is going on

Automotive Expert
Hi, my name is\*\*\*\*\*’ve been a technician on Just Answer since 2007 and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your vehicle. I know how inconvenient car trouble is, but together, we will get your vehicle back up and running quickly. May I ask whom I am chatting with today?

Sarah
Automotive Expert
Hi Sarah, it's nice to meet you. When the engine is cool, can you or have you looked to make sure it's full of coolant in the radiator?

What should it look like when i do open the capIm in dr appt for my son so my car is cooling down now im sorry im real confused
Automotive Expert
you should be able to see the antifreeze right up top in the radiator. If you don't, then you are low. Don't look at the overflow, but this is also why you need to let it cool. There won't be any pressure when it's cooled off. If it's low, then you want to top it off and check for leaks. There should not be any leaks. It's ok, ask me anything you need to for me to clarify this for you

Will you still be on here in about 45 minutes
Automotive Expert
Yes, I will be here, just post your reply here I will get it.

Do i pour it in to the radiator if i do need to top it off its 2009 pontiac vibe automatic what kind of coolant do i get
Automotive Expert
Yes and you will want to use a mixture of 50-50 DEX cool it's called. You can buy it pre-mixed.