Q: What can cause my 2013 ford escape SE 1.6 ltr to hesitate when accelerating

asked by on June 08, 2017

When accelerating hard on my escape it hesitates, and never did before. What can cause that?

There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a bad fuel pump. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.