Q: Will putting a different tire size cause my car to shake or my tires to wear out quick and uneven?

I put 205/65/15 tires on my car when the manufacture size is 205/60/16. Will this make my tires wobble or my car to shake and will it make my tires go bad quick?

Hi there. The engineers that design vehicles do so by making sure each part is precisely sized to match others - so the vehicle operates safe and efficiently. This includes the wheel and tire overall width and circumference. What you’re describing is known as the plus (+1) tire / wheel method. However, in your case, it’s in reverse. Usually the manufacturer will permit the vehicle owner to increase the wheel size (to go from a 16" wheel to 17" wheel), but reduce the aspect ratio by one size (from 65 to 55). This usually equates in having an overall circumference that is within recommended specs. However, since you’ve gone down (-1) tire / wheel size. It could cause premature wear and tear, eventual suspension damage, but also damage to the brake calipers. By decreasing the wheel size, the likelihood of your wheels clipping the brakes while turning has increased from the 16 wheel option. As with any aftermarket "upgrade" - always check with your vehicle manufacturer and follow their recommendations.

3. Will putting a different tire size cause my car to shake or my tires to wear out quick and uneven?