Q: My 2000 chev blzr ran hot then water was added after cooled down seemed OK drove it did OK then ran hot again

My 2000 Chevrolet Blazer ran fine and then all the sudden it got real hot I bring it home cut it off let it cool down we checked all the fluids filled it up drove it approximately maybe 15 miles did fine and then before I got home it ran hot again what could be wrong

If your engine overheats within 5 minutes then I would say it is a thermostat is stuck closed. In your case you drove longer than this before it overheated. You may have a water pump not pumping enough water or the cooling fan clutch is not locking the fan and needs replaced.

3. My 2000 chev blzr ran hot then water was added after cooled down seemed OK drove it did OK then ran hot again