Car stalls at low speed 1993 altima nissan engine idle l4...

Q: Car stalls at low speed

asked by on August 26, 2017

When im in any gear uppon slowing down the rpm's drop below 1000 and the car dies out i have to give it more throttle so it can stay on what can it be ?

Your idle air control valve can be stuck closed and not raising the idle to keep it from stalling when coming to a stop. Also if you have an engine vacuum leak it can also cause this problem. You did not mention if you can get it to idle out of gear? If it runs good out of gear but not in gear when coming to a stop then you may have a transmission problem. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and diagnose this problem further.