Q: Power steering out and car overheating

My power steering went out and then my car overheated, The fan only turns for a second or two and then it shuts off.

Hello. When this combination of symptoms comes up at the same time, it typically indicates that the engine drive belt has broke. When this occurs the water pump and power steering pump will not turn, which will cause other problems. If the belt is there, then it may be loose or there may be a major failure in the engine. If you are going to take it to have it repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine what is causing your car’s steering problem and overheating issue.

3. Power steering out and car overheating