Q: Power steering, leak, and groaning noise.

At first the car didn't not make no noise when turning it was jus extremely hard, absolutely no power steering at all, and no noises either. So I added fluid because it was empty. Now the car makes a horrible groaning sound when turning the wheel. I checked the fluid level the next day it was completely dry. So I topped it off with power steering fluid and it was empty again in 10 mins. Is this most likely an issue with my pump or a leaking line somewhere?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is a sign of a failing power steering pump which is what the groaning sound and stiff steering will come from. It also sounds like you have a major leak coming from somewhere.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Power steering, leak, and groaning noise.