Q: Radio interior lights IOD

Recently my radio and interior lights are giving me trouble. When I turn on the radio and the factory amplifier it doesn’t come on. When I turn the headlight knob clockwise to turn on the interior lights the radio works, but the lights only stay on at a flicker. When I turn the head lights knob counter clockwise until it clicks then the lights and radio turn off again. I have been looking for the Ignition Off Draw fuse and can’t find it. Do you know where that is? I have also unplugged the radio harness and the lights work as they should. I installed the radio 3 years ago with no problem, but now trouble. How can I solve this? Do you have any ideas?

Since the problems go away when the radio harness is unplugged, this sounds like a bad ground, or loose power supply connection related to that installation. The Ignition Off Draw fuse is on the main fuse block. Your Owner’s Manual should indicate precisely where on the fuse block for your vehicle is (the location different on each Dodge product). If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the electrical system and make corrections.