How do I reset the air bags after they have been deployed...

Q: How do I reset the air bags after they have been deployed?

How do I reset the air bags after they have been deployed?

If you have been in an accident that has deployed the air bags, you will need to have them replaced or re-inserted, so that they can protect you in the event of another accident. This needs to be done by a dealer or certified mechanic, so always have your vehicle serviced after the air bags have deployed.

Tip

Even if your air bags did not deploy, you should have them serviced following an accident. A minor accident may not deploy the air bags, but it could damage them, and impair their ability to deploy should your vehicle be in another accident.