Q: Brake pedal goes down to get before the breaks start to work

My brake pedal goes over halfway down befor the brakes catch . I've put breaks on and bleed them and no air comes out. It's my front brakes.

A: It is possible that your master cylinder co...

It is possible that your master cylinder could be leaking internally. If the seals inside the master cylinder have failed, the brake system will not be able to build up hydraulic pressure. If this happens the pedal will go low to the floor before the brakes start to apply or may go to the floor without the brakes applying at all. I would strongly recommend having your master cylinder inspected by a qualified technician to avoid any safety issues that may result from a soft brake pedal.