Q: Is it possible to repair deployed airbags?

asked by on November 05, 2016

Is it possible to repair deployed airbags and if so, can you do it yourself? Is there an average for how much that type of repair might cost? Is it worth it or should I just get a new car?

Hello there. Airbag deployment is a serious repair with your 2016 Ford Fiesta. Airbags cannot be repaired and must be replaced, as any repairs would make the vehicle unsafe. To give an accurate estimate, it is important to know which airbags where deployed and the extent of the damage to the vehicle. An accident that deployed the airbags will have damaged the vehicle as well. Generally, when airbags are replaced several other items are replaced as well, such as the seatbelt pre-tensioner, impact sensors, and, in some cases, the reset switch.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to offer advice on the best way to proceed with your vehicle and perform a vehicle safety inspection to assess the damage.