Q: What type of engine coolant should I use?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What type of engine coolant should I use?

Engine coolant is essential for keeping your engine in the normal operating temperature range while it’s running. If the coolant level drops, the engine can overheat. This can lead to serious damage and even destroy your engine in severe situations. Obviously, you need to know a few things about the coolant you use:

• Never use plain water.

• Use only a high-quality ethylene glycol-based coolant with no silicates and no nitrites.

Tip

Have your coolant changed regularly to ensure that it maintains its temperature resistant capabilities (old coolant loses its ability to withstand freezing and boiling).