Q: Error codes on my 2012 Q5 P2099 P2096 & P2196

asked by on February 27, 2018

Just purchased a used 2012 Q5 V6 trim with 35400 miles on it. On the way home, the check engine light came on and running through an OBD-II scan, found 4 codes: P2196, P2099 & P2096). I'm thinking P2196 could lead to a false reading for P2096 but I'm speculating. The car is back at the dealer but I wanted to find out what would/should I hear from the dealer that will make me confident they have addressed the issue? The 4th code is B2AAA which I've ready is a common code for Audi's & VWs...or at least I hope so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These codes could possibly be related to an issue with the turbocharger or the catalytic converter. Unfortunately these codes could lead to very expensive repairs depending on what exactly is the cause of this issue. I would recommend having a vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the issue.