Q: Traction control off, Stabilitrak, and reduced engine power

I have had this problem twice. The first time I changed out the accelerator control sensor which is mounted on the accelerator pedal. It stop the problem. Now its doing the same thing. What could be the problem?

Hello. The sensor you had replaced previously may still be the cause of your issues. There is likely something in the circuit that is causing the premature failure of the sensor. Test the sensor the same way you did before, and it the issue is corrected by replacing the sensor again you will want to find out why. This is likely due from some form of physical damage being done, excess voltage being supplied, or even exposure to water and the climate. You may want to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes because Chevy did have some recalls on the accelerator sensors around your year. Your might fall under this recall and you will want to see about having the dealership take responsibility if that’s the case. Have the vehicle scanned, check online to see if your covered, and perform more visual and electrical tests to find the source of the damage.

3. Traction control off, Stabilitrak, and reduced engine power