Q: My cruise control does not work - 2012 Volkswagen Passat

Is there fuse that operates the cruise control in a volkswagen pass 2012

A: Your car has an electronic throttle body wh...

Your car has an electronic throttle body which is controlled by the engine electronic control unit (ECU). As such, the cruise control is incorporated into the engine management system and will not have a separate fuse. There are a few things that will keep the cruise control from operating. The most common cause for an inoperative cruise control is a bad brake light switch. The brake light switch has two circuits, and if one of them fails, the cruise will not operate. The brake lights may still be operating so you can't check it by looking at the lights. Likewise, if there is a fault in the throttle position sensor, or the throttle body itself, the cruise will not come on for safety reasons. Any of these failures may not light up a warning light, so the only way to tell is to hook up a scan tool and check for codes. Have a mechanic inspect your cruise control system and tell you what it will take to fix it.