Q: Instrument cluster, not starting, unknown driver

My instrument cluster started going crazy, on and off. Then about two weeks later I go to start my tahoe and it says unknown driver and the vehicle shut down. I restarted it a couple of times and finally it ran again but the a/c, Windows, radio didn't work. Then magically it said driver 1 and everything worked again! Then I drove it to work today and went to leave and it starts and does right away, no chimes, radio, ac, windows, or display.. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

If you have a second key, try using that one and see if the same situation occurs. Also try moving the drivers seat to a different position. If the problem does not happen with the second key, then you have a bad chip on that key and will need to replace it. If the problem does not happen after moving the driver’s seat to a different position, then check under the drivers seat for a broken/chaffed wire to the seat memory module. If neither of those remedy your problem, then the most likely cause is a bad seat memory module under the driver’s seat. If you need help having this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect your electrical system to pinpoint what is going on.