Q: My transmission pan is stuck due to the previous owners over use of silicone. how can i get the pan off.?

My transmission drain pan is stuck due to the previous owners over use of silicone. how can i get the pan off without damaging the pan.?

Hi Jonathan. Thanks for contacting us tonight. In cases like this, there really are only two options. First, if the pan has too much RTV on it, it’s best to use a brake cleaner or other solvent to attempt to penetrate the gasket and carefully pry the pan loose. Second, if you get the pan off, it’s best to replace it and not use the old pan.

3. My transmission pan is stuck due to the previous owners over use of silicone. how can i get the pan off.?