Q: Cut door trigger wire, reconnected it, and now the anti-theft is on and the car won't crank

asked by on November 07, 2016

I have a 2010 300 touring. Checking wore locations with a buddy to install a viper alarm, the door trigger wire got cut. I used a butt clip and reconnected it and now the anti theft light comes on when i turn the key and wont crank or let me roll the windows down but can still open trunk and lock and unlock doors. I have 1 keyfob that is missing the chip inside of it. Also been fightimg cancer so low on cash and cant afford a tow and the cost of the dealership. Can i fix this?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thanks for writing in. If that was the only wire cut, the butt connector may not be sufficient to attach the wires together and they may have to be soldered. Some systems watch resistance readings through the circuit and high resistance may cause a fault. Make sure the 2 pieces of wire that are attached are the same color. If you need some help with this, consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic to go through the wiring and check the system for a possible fault code that may shed some light on the problem. Best of luck.