Q: Car temp fluctuating between normal and overheating

2013 dodge avenger 2.4 se has new coolant temp sensor but car starts up like it doesnt want to or its going to explode driving on high way or street car starts trying to overheat so i have to turn on my heat high and the temp goes back to normal had coolant flushed twice a week apart. No check engine light so how can i get it diagnosed without spending unnecessary money

Hi Teleisha. Thanks for contacting us today. There could be multiple issues causing the Avenger to run hotter than normal, ranging from an obstruction of debris in the cooling tubes or heater core, or failed water pump - even fuel system issues. Instead of trying to chase repairs, (which is what many mechanic shops do daily), the best money spent is to actually have the root issues discovered by having a professional mechanic come to your location and completing a car is running hotter than normal inspection.

3. Car temp fluctuating between normal and overheating