Q: Electronic failures, servotronic malfunction warning on

I purchased this pre-owned car about four years ago. During this period, the car already had several electrical failures. I've recently had the battery replaced. This didn't solve the problem and the electronic components keep malfunctioning. Each time I'm holding the checking lever, I get a servotronic malfunction warning. What should I do?

A: Hi there. Servotronic is BMWs name for its ...

Hi there. Servotronic is BMWs name for its electronic power steering system. This warning light indicates the onboard control module has detected a problem with the system and has stored related diagnostic trouble codes. The first step is to retrieve these codes, which serve as a starting point for any further diagnosis. If you’d like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the steering to determine what fixes are needed.