Q: How do you control the Speed Control system?

How do you control the Speed Control system?

While the Speed/Cruise control on your car offers a lot of convenience, it’s important that you understand how to control various aspects, and what your input might result in, in terms of vehicle performance. Here’s what you should know:

• You can cancel the Speed Control system by turning it off, pressing the Cancel button, hitting the brake, or pressing the clutch pedal (with a manual transmission).

• If you press the clutch pedal, the engine may rev a little bit. This is normal.

• To resume a speed, press the RSM button.

• To increase your speed automatically, press the + button with the Speed Control system active and engaged. You can also press the gas and then the Set button when you reach the speed you want.

• To decrease your speed, press the – button with the Speed Control system active and engaged. You can also press the brake and then press Set when you reach the speed you want.

• To turn off the Speed Control system, either press the OFF button or turn off the ignition (only turn off the ignition if your car is in Park).

3. How do you control the Speed Control system?