Q: How do you control the Speed Control system?

How do you control the Speed Control system?

A: While the Speed/Cruise control on your car ...

While the Speed/Cruise control on your car offers a lot of convenience, it’s important that you understand how to control various aspects, and what your input might result in, in terms of vehicle performance. Here’s what you should know:

• You can cancel the Speed Control system by turning it off, pressing the Cancel button, hitting the brake, or pressing the clutch pedal (with a manual transmission).

• If you press the clutch pedal, the engine may rev a little bit. This is normal.

• To resume a speed, press the RSM button.

• To increase your speed automatically, press the + button with the Speed Control system active and engaged. You can also press the gas and then the Set button when you reach the speed you want.

• To decrease your speed, press the – button with the Speed Control system active and engaged. You can also press the brake and then press Set when you reach the speed you want.

• To turn off the Speed Control system, either press the OFF button or turn off the ignition (only turn off the ignition if your car is in Park).