Q: Car shaking and not starting

asked by on February 12, 2016

I was at a stop sign when my car started shaking and then shut off. Now it won't start and just kind of shakes when I try to start it.

Hello. There are many variables when it comes to a no start condition. Things like no fuel pressure, or a bad sensor causing a no spark condition are hard to diagnose with the limited amount of information given. Broken timing belt, crank and cam sensors, bad ignition coil, or a bad fuel pump are just some of the things that can cause a condition similar to yours. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the no start condition and suggest an appropriate repair.