My 1997 infinity qx4 3300 will not shift into 3rd gear it...

Q: My 1997 infinity qx4 3300 will not shift into 3rd gear it just drives at a high RPM's the faster I go the higher the RPM goes

asked by on June 15, 2017

Put a new blocar in and now my infinity is not shifting into 3rd gear it just drives at a high RPM without shifting at all what can that be

Hi there. In most cases, when a transmission will not shift into higher gears, it’s due to transmission fluid problem; either it’s obstructed in the hydraulic lines, a torque converter issue or inner seal that is damaged. I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to in regards to "Put a new blocar in" - but, if the shifting issues occurred right after that service, it’s possible that is the source of your problem. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection.