Q: Lower control arm snapped at axel can i drive if i go slow

After my accident I had a bent front passenger side lower control arm. Today as I was going to parallel park on a steep hill I heard a snap or breaking sound and sure enough it was my lower control arm and it looks like it snapped off of my front axel housing.. My question is; is there any way possible that I could drive home on this broken lower control arm? I am currently stuck in Oakland and I reside in Antioch but even just making it to Concord would work.

Hi Tiffany. I would strongly recommend against driving with any damage to the front suspension. Even driving slowly can create a rather serious safety issue. It’s always best in these cases to defer to caution and have the vehicle towed.

3. Lower control arm snapped at axel can i drive if i go slow