Q: Squeaky noise coming from the passenger side of my car

asked by on June 01, 2016

My car has 35,000 miles. At 20,000 miles, I had the leaky compliance bushings replaced. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed squeaky noise coming from the front end passenger side. When driving, it sounds like water is pouring. It happens when I drive over small things, when I drive slowly, and when I brake quickly back and forth. I have side steps, and when I step on them and jump up and down holding the roof or press on the hood up and down, you can hear it. It seems like it's coming from the strut area. I took it to the dealership and paid a diagnostic fee. They said that the struts appeared to be fine with no leaks and they attributed the noise to the passenger side strut mount. They said that they used special audio equipment. They wanted to charge me to change it out. I bought an OEM strut mount online and had my own mechanic install it, and nothing changed. The noise is still there. What could this be from? It doesn't appear to be stabilizer bars (I went under the car and checked). Any ideas?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you had the compliance bushings replaced, you most likely have bad lower ball joints or a problem with the rear bushings on the control arm. Have the joints checked by holding your hand on them while someone bounces the vehicle to recreate the noise. This can isolate the bad joint and you can replace it accordingly. If you need help with getting this done, seek some assistance from a certified mechanic who can diagnose and fix the noise you’re experiencing.