Q: My 2001 Aurora won't start or turn over at all. All lights headlights come on so it can't be a dead battery. What is it?

When I try to start it there is a clicking noise in the fuse box. There is also a flashing security light . I tryed to jump the battery and I got nothing

The engine immobilizer (security) system is probably active, possibly due to a defective chip key. Once the immobilizer system is "on" you won’t be able to start the car. A reported temporary fix is to insert the ignition key and turn the ignition key to the on position and just simply leave it in the on position for 10 to 20 minutes until the security light stops flashing. Once the security light stops flashing, you will be able to start the car. You should look into the possibility of getting a new key with a new chip. A chip key has to be programmed to the car, of course. If at any point in the course of this you need assistance, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 2001 Aurora won't start or turn over at all. All lights headlights come on so it can't be a dead battery. What is it?