Q: Source of a whistling sound

So I have this problem with my car. It makes a loud whistling sound but ONLY on the first start up of the day. I drive it around for a while and even restart it (I'm a delivery driver so I drive it often) and I never hear the sound again until the next day or when it cools down significantly. I believe it is a belt problem but I've gotten a few mixed replies online and wanted another opinion.

Hello, thank you for writing in. When dealing with something like this, the best thing to do is have someone else start the vehicle and listen carefully to try and pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. If the belts are the issue, there are several things you can do to try and quite them down. If the noise is truly a "whistle", or air escaping somewhere, the culprit is likely an exhaust gasket, vacuum leak, or EGR issue. Without performing an inspection, its almost impossible to tell. You want to think about all of the components that will expand when the car heats up. There are several components that will expand to make a proper seal and seat properly once warm air or fluid has be run through them. For more help with diagnosing where the noise is coming from contact our service department.