Q: Blower motor resistor melted, replaced it turned on blower motor and it melted again in seconds.

What would be causing this to happen? I plan on replacing both the blower motor and the blower motor resistor. Would there be anything else i need go look into as well?

The blower motor that is drawing too many amperes will melt the resistor and wiring. Anytime the resistor is melted you should replace the blower along with the resistor and connections that show any heat damage. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose electrical issue and help you replace the blower motor and resistor as necessary.

• Blower motor resistor melted, replaced it turned on blower motor and it melted again in seconds.