Q: New car but the transmission totally died out

I am having a problem with my 2015 Chrysler 200. I know that this year is ALSO 2015, but that is not a typo, it just so happens that after about 20,000 easy miles commuting on the highway my transmission decided to just totally die and stop my vehicle pretty abruptly. I almost got into an accident because of it! The transmission warning light then came on. Thanks for the warning! This is ridiculous. What are the chances of this happening again if I replace the transmission? I am very nervous driving this car now!

A: I found the transmission has a recall to re...

I found the transmission has a recall to reprogram the control module to fix drive complaints. The recall RC-R01-15 covers reprogramming the modules that control the transmission and engine. The recall does not state your exact problem and only states drive complaints. It may not be specific to different problems but this is the only fix I found for you at this time. The chances of the problem happening again depend on the manufacturers recall fixing your particular issue.