Q: Check engine light is on after replacing battery

I recently replaced the battery in my car, and now the check engine light has come on. Do I have to go to the dealer to get that turned off?

Manually resetting the Check Engine Light on modern vehicles requires a diagnostic scan tool. Any automotive professional can do this for you. However, battery replacement should not have caused your Check Engine Light to come on. There may be an actual problem with your vehicle that you should address. I suggest you reach out to a trained professional to diagnose your Check Engine Light codes and repair your vehicle firsthand.

3. Check engine light is on after replacing battery