Q: switching into 4hi from 2hi by itself

I can be driving down the highway and my truck will switch from 2hi into 4hi and there are times that it will do it when turning and it can make it really hard to turn at times. I can put it into 2hi again and it willbe fine till it pops into 4hi.

Your vehicle uses an electric transfer case motor to switch from 2WD to 4WD, and that motor or the associated wiring may be failing and switching itself over bumps. I would begin by checking the wiring and connectors to the motor, as well as checking the motor itself. Try starting the car and tapping on the motor with a screwdriver, and moving all the wiring to see if you can get it to shift on its own. It’s also possible that it has a failed switch. I would recommend having a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the electric transfer case for you.

3. switching into 4hi from 2hi by itself