The engine light came on so I put the code reader and it ...

The engine light came on so I put the code reader and it said p2228. For a 2014 kia cadenza Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code? No my car has not stal...

The engine light came on so I put the code reader and it said p2228. For a 2014 kia cadenza Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code? No my car has not stalled. I have my own code reader and I checked it and it said P2228 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cadenza yourself? What have you tried so far? It just came on when I put gas in my car not even 10min ago

Automotive Expert
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is\*\*\*\*\*'ll be assisting you today. I just need a little more info about your vehicle before I can research the code. Is your car automatic or standard transmission? Do you know what size the engine is? Thank you. **\*As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.\*\***

2014 kia cadenza. It's automatic
Automotive Expert
Engine size?

V6
Automotive Expert
Thank you.

You're welcome
Automotive Expert
Here is the rundown and definition of your specific code:
Automotive Expert
Anything else I can assist you with today?

I couldn't see the diagnostic Link u sent
Automotive Expert
Interesting. I will try again.
Automotive Expert
Did that work?

Link not secure it says
Automotive Expert
Huh, not sure. Never had problems before. I will try some thing else.

Ok
Automotive Expert
P2228: Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input Description: Checking output signals of barometric pressure sensor every 5 seconds under detecting condition, if an output signal is below 0.125V for more than 2.5 seconds, the powertrain control module (PCM) sets P2228. Item Detecting Condition DTC Strategy This code detects a continuous short to low or open in either the signal circuit or the BARO Threshold Value Signal \< 0.125V Diagnostic Time Continuous MIL On Condition 2 Drive cycles Possible Causes: Poor connection Open or short to ground in power circuit Open or short to ground in signal circuit Faulty barometric pressure sensor Faulty powertrain control module Diagnostics Aids: The Barometric Pressure Sensor (BPS) is located between the air cleaner assembly and the throttle body. It detects the atmospheric pressure at the vehicle's current location. The barometric pressure sensor signal is used to calculates the density of the air. The Barometric Pressure Sensor plays an important role when driving in the mountains and in different altitudes

Thank youmany possibilities it could be
Automotive Expert
You are welcome. Sorry for all the compressed information. I would check the sensor and wiring first and make sure it is not damaged or disconnected.

Thank you I will
Automotive Expert
Best of luck with your repair. Again, sorry about the delivery of information. Thanks for using justanswer.