Q: What does code P0008 mean when the engine light is on

The engine light has come on in my information center. Diagnosis at a transmission center says that the code means that the timing belt needs to be replaced. I am trying to see if this is accurate - a P0008 code during diagnosis on a Cadillac sts means it needs a new timing belt.

Yes, a P0008 code is related to your engine’s timing. More than likely, you need to have the timing chain and/or tensioners replaced. If you would like to have this done or would like to have a second check, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the code more thoroughly, and can verify and perform the appropriate repair.

3. What does code P0008 mean when the engine light is on