Q: What does code P0008 mean when the engine light is on

The engine light has come on in my information center. Diagnosis at a transmission center says that the code means that the timing belt needs to be replaced. I am trying to see if this is accurate - a P0008 code during diagnosis on a Cadillac sts means it needs a new timing belt.

Yes, a P0008 code is related to your engine’s timing. More than likely, you need to have the timing chain and/or tensioners replaced. If you would like to have this done or would like to have a second check, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the code more thoroughly, and can verify and perform the appropriate repair.