Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-102436-psnaxfjs:173:8

Q: The gear shiter is stuck in park I have to manually shift it and the brake lights don't work.

The gear shifter on my 2013 Kia Forte EX is stuck in park I have to manually shift it and the brake lights don't work. I changed the brake switch and the front brake pads and it is still the same. The ESC is still on and the cruise control doesn't work I want to know what the problem is the warranty on my car expired the dealership cost a arm and a leg I know it is something simple can you help me.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. There are severa...

Hi, thanks for writing in. There are several causes for the symptoms you are having. First, if you need to unlock the shifter, there is an override button you can use to unlock it. It will be a small slot located next to the shifter covered by a cap. You will need to step on the break and press the button at the same time. Then you can switch the car into neutral and start the vehicle. In addition to the brake light switch you replaced, there is a shift interlocks solenoid that can fail. This is a solenoid that works with the brake light switch and won't allow the car to start if the brake isn't not pressed. If the wiring running to the switches are damaged, then the issue would cause similar problems. Some models include the shift interlock solenoid system within the ignition system. If there have ever been issues with your ignition, you may want to look further into the relationship between the two systems.