Q: everytime i hard brake my car makes a loud groan in the front end.

everytime i hard brake it makes a loud groan in the front.

Hi Roger. Thanks for writing in today. Typically a loud noise like you are describing is caused by a worn out wheel bearing or a brake rotor that is warped. If the noise gets progressively worse as you increase in speed, or stays the same - it’s probably the wheel bearing (or both). If the noise goes away when you press the brakes, it is probably the brake rotor. Either way, before attempting repairs, it’s always best to have a professional mechanic correctly diagnose this issue to ensure the repairs completed are correct.

3. everytime i hard brake my car makes a loud groan in the front end.