Q: Engine misfiring and giving me a code P0300.

asked by on December 18, 2015

I am having multiple cylinder misfires in my car. It gives me code P0300. How do I fix the problem associated with this code?

Hi, The code P0300 is a random misfiring condition code and does not point to a single particular cylinder, but may affect the whole engine. If codes P0301 through P0308 are received then these codes point to a particular cylinder. For code P0300 the issue could be as simple as the spark plugs are worn or not gapped properly. The spark plugs being replaced if worn should fix the misfire. Another cause of this problem can be the fuel system running lean due to low fuel volume, pressure or injectors clogged. The recommendation I would give is to have a qualified technician check the computer for all codes and diagnose one or more of the issues I have mentioned.