Q: Grinding on back right of car when breaking

My car recently started to make a grinding noise when I break coming from the back passenger side, especially on hills. I have recently had the front break pads changed by a Your mechanic and he explained my back breaks are only engaged when I use my emergency break. Please help.

sent to CS

Without knowing the year, make, or model of your vehicle, I can tell you that the symptoms you are experiencing are typical of a vehicle with extremely low brake friction material. I hope the technician explained to you differently and maybe you misunderstood. The rear brakes do engage every time the brake pedal is applied; This is the same whether you have rear drum or disc. Inquire within with your concerns and request a brake inspection to have us take another look. The material can be worn out or debris may have found it’s way into the mix.

3. Grinding on back right of car when breaking