Q: Air suspension failure due to damaged components?

My Audi a8 air suspension failed. The failure occurred just after I damaged the front passenger bumper fog light region. I pulled over a parking stop and ripped it. Is there anything in that region that could be blamed for the failure if damaged?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The only component that should be in that area is the air suspension strut itself, its sensor, and its electrical connections. Due the the damage being electrical, its possible you have tampered with that side’s electronics. This would absolutely cause problems with the system, especially on that side. If there was any kind of impact on that side, the sheer force and cause problems with everything in that region. Only further inspection will tell. Make the repairs to the fog light, and during that time, perform an inspection of the air-suspension’s wiring on that side. Make sure all air lines are also intact and perfect. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Air suspension failure due to damaged components?