Q: Car starts and runs but dies after 4-10 minutes, will not restart...leave overnight, same all over again.

Bought car from a guy after fuel pump quit...installed two NEW fuel pumps....have good flow at the fuel distributor...new battery, new spark plugs...started and ran great...but dies and will not restart....Twice had to tow it home after a short drive....read 8 pin codes, nothig except SRS and AC...nothing that would affect running. Mechanic says fuel air mixture..or electrical....I am thinking idle control valve or O2 sensor....will invest some money if you really know MBZ and can give some suggestions....or it has to be towed to the shop...and checked out....which will maybe cost a couple hundred.....plus repairs!...So.....thanks!

Your car uses the old Bosch KE injection system. It is a mechanical, electronic combination system that has the unique ability to run (though not very well) with the electronics not working at all, You might find that the section of the fuel pump relay that powers up the ECU is dead. Another common failure on the old Benz is the ignition module, it’s a small part, but it’s pretty expensive so you’ll want to do some proper diagnostic work before buying anything. If this sounds like it’s getting too complicated You can have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Mercedes and let you know what the problem is and what you can do about it.

3. Car starts and runs but dies after 4-10 minutes, will not restart...leave overnight, same all over again.