Car crawls when first put in drive. When I stop at a stop...

Q: Car crawls when first put in drive. When I stop at a stop sign the engine cuts off. 2001 Buick Park Avenue

asked by on October 14, 2017

When car is put in drive it crawls like a turtle then starts to go,, but when I stop at a stop sign engine cuts off. Last week it seemed it wasn't smoothly going into gear.

This is a transmission internal problem most likely by solenoids sticking or the clutches are worn out. Have the transmission pressures tested to diagnose the transmission problem to see if solenoids work properly and if pressures are good. if they all are good then the clutches inside transmission are worn and would require transmission overhaul.