Q: Heater only working part of the time.

My car heater is not working. It only works intermittently, if at all.

We need to determine if your blower is blowing air or if the air coming out is not hot. If you feel heat coming through any of your vents, even a tiny trickle of heat, then your heater core is likely getting hot coolant. If you feel that trickle, you are probably having a problem with your heater fan and you probably need to get a technician to test the voltage and fuses. If you’re not feeling hot air coming out, then you may not have enough coolant in the radiator, or the thermostat could be stuck open not allowing the coolant to get warm enough. You can have your heater inspected by YourMechanic.

3. Heater only working part of the time.