Q: White sweet smelling smoke out the exhaust and a little cooler dripping front front

asked by on March 26, 2017

White smoke coming out exhaust and smells sweet. Coolest drops found on ground under engine. Car is not overheating but mpg has stopped by almost 4mpg and power doesn't feel like it used to.

White, sweet smelling smoke coming out of the exhaust means you’re burning coolant. It could be that an intake gasket is leaking in a place where coolant can be drawn into the engine. Or it could be that a head gasket is leaking and allowing coolant to get into the combustion chamber. Either way, you need to stop driving the car. Continuing to drive it could result in more serious damage and higher repair costs. Your best bet is to have this checked out by a pro as soon as possible. You can conveniently do that by contacting Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your Acura and let you know what you should do next.