Q: My car hesitate slightly during start up. What could be the problem?

My car hesitate during start up. What could be the problem?

A: This may be caused by many things as there ...

This may be caused by many things as there are a number of systems at work when your car's engine first starts up. This may likely be an air/fuel flow issue since the car does in fact start.

Typically, the car upon startup will search for an equilibrium point and eventually settle into an idle depending on the ambient temperature outside.

There is a unit called an idle air control valve which helps with this process which can sometimes fail. When this happens the engine will struggle to idle properly and may even stall.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starting issue and repair.