Q: Key won't turn in the ignition - 2002 Ford Focus

My key will not turn in the ignition, the steering wheel is locked up and the brakes are also locked up. My car is not dead, I have tried everything possible to get the key to turn on the ignition and it won't. My steering wheel also does not have anything to make the steering wheel change positions. I need to know what to do.

Typically when the steering wheel locks up it will still feel springy in one direction. You will want to simultaneously turn the key in the ignition and turn the steering wheel in the direction that feels spongy. Now addressing the brake issue. What happens when you press on the brake pedal? Do the brakes hit the floor? These two systems do not have much in common at all. These should not affect each other. The cylinder may be dirty or damaged. You can attempt to clean it with electrical cleaner or air. If the cylinder or the key are damaged, replacing them is the only true fix. I recommend having your ignition key inspected by a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Key won't turn in the ignition - 2002 Ford Focus