Q: I have a 1999 LR Range Rover HSE that had a water pump issue & i raplaced it but it was still over heating . why is this ?

asked by on August 24, 2017

Car is till over heating even after water pump change

Hi Omar. If the water pump was damaged, it’s not always the only source of an overheating problem. There are generally two reasons why people will continually have an overheating issue after replacing a damaged part. First, it’s quite common for air bubbles to be trapped in the cooling lines if the mechanic completing the repairs did not correctly bled the cooling system. Second, a different issue exists, ranging from a damaged thermostat, cooling fan, obstruction in the heater core or other problems. You might want to verify that the cooling system was correctly bled and inspect the other parts we listed above to see if you can find the problem. If you would like some help with this, please contact a professional mechanic to complete a car is overheating inspection.