Q: Can I drive car with oil filter gasket going bad

asked by on October 01, 2016

Can I drive car while oil filter gasket going bad

Oil Filter Housing Gasket Replacement $122.63 - $326.92 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Oil leaks will only get worse over time. The oil filter housing gasket on the 325s get hard and brittle over time and begin to leak profusely as the they fail so it will not be long generally before the oil leak become severe. This is something you will want to address soon as engine oil pressure and supply can be affected to a critical level causing engine damage. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.