Q: Vcs was on and I thought if I disconnect the battery it will reset and the massage will clear but it didn't I got check hybrid sys

asked by on December 24, 2016

What to do and can I drive my car

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The VCS light comes on when the computer detects there is an issue with the vehicle’s stabilty contorl system. This caa be set off for many reason. The most common reasons are for an issue with one of the ABS wheel speed sensors, which the system uses to operate, however other problems can also set off the warning light . If the check hybrid system light came on after resetting the vehicle then the computer has detected an issue with the hybrid system. It may be possible that the two warning lights are related. If any warning messages are still displayed, I would start by retrieving the trouble codes, as they will likely shed some light on what the issue may be. Depending on what the exact issue is, you may or may not be able to continue driving the vehicle, however if you do it will likely have certain features or systems disabled. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what is setting off the warning lights and what the appropriate repair would be.