Q: Steering-wheel shaking around 45 RPM on a 2001 Tahoe

I have a 2001 Tahoe and every time I'm going around 45 mph, my steering wheel starts shaking and also makes my whole truck shakes. What could be the cause?

For steering wheels shakes, a lot of times, it’s just your tires that are out of balance and you’ve got a worn front-end part like a bolt joint and tie rod that make it shake. But if your entire truck is shaking, a lot of times that can be out of round tires or it can be a problem with the driveshaft or it can even be a problem with transmission mount where everything starts shaking when it gets to a certain speed. Of course, check the tires and the balance first because that’s the most common problem that would cause something like this. If you would like to have a mechanic check this out for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s shaking issue.

3. Steering-wheel shaking around 45 RPM on a 2001 Tahoe