Q: Steering-wheel shaking around 45 RPM on a 2001 Tahoe

I have a 2001 Tahoe and every time I'm going around 45 mph, my steering wheel starts shaking and also makes my whole truck shakes. What could be the cause?

A: For steering wheels shakes, a lot of times,...

For steering wheels shakes, a lot of times, it's just your tires that are out of balance and you've got a worn front-end part like a bolt joint and tie rod that make it shake. But if your entire truck is shaking, a lot of times that can be out of round tires or it can be a problem with the driveshaft or it can even be a problem with transmission mount where everything starts shaking when it gets to a certain speed. Of course, check the tires and the balance first because that's the most common problem that would cause something like this. If you would like to have a mechanic check this out for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car's shaking issue.