Q: Where is the variable valve timing solenoid located on a 2007 kia optima with a 2.4l enging? I am unable to find a diagram.

Where is the intake variable valve solenoid located? I have looked at diagrams etc and have not found anything. I bought the part based on the code that was given, but am unsure of where it is located.

This part is normally located behind the timing cover and is mounted to the camshaft. It is possible that the timing belt will need to be removed in order to access it.

3. Where is the variable valve timing solenoid located on a 2007 kia optima with a 2.4l enging? I am unable to find a diagram.